viernes, 26 de julio de 2013

Last day

I can tell that it is my last day here. There are certain signs... like the fact that the billboard outside my window of Despicable Me 2, which I have been using since I got here to find my building, is now a beer advertisement... All of my classmates and I finally got to the level of comfort with each other where we can bond as a group--same with my study abroad group. Also, I finally managed to take a walk and not get lost today--the first success story always comes towards the end doesn't it? And there is just something strange in being in one place but knowing you're tied to another--it makes it harder to feel like you're in this different place even when you're there, because you know you're leaving soon and it is inevitable...

Goodbyes are always so sad. Today I said goodbye to my classmates who I have really grown to enjoy. Later, I spent my last euros on some new shoes--which I am actually pretty happy about. For lunch my host mom made a delicious and fancy meal of endives with raisins and a dip made from blue cheese, cream cheese and butter (yum!) and then we had mashed potatoes and pork in a special homemade sauce of hers. Tonight, my group and I went to see "Monsters University" and amazingly I understood like 80 percent of it... Sitting with all my new friends, bonding over Mike and Sully was a really good time. But after the movie was over and we all formed a little group outside and said our goodbyes to our directors, it started to hit me that I was going to miss all these new people more than I ever expected I would. A month is only enough time to begin to savor something, whether it's a person or a place, and now that I'm going home I am excited but said because I feel like there is so much more we could do here!

Overall, this has been a wonderful experience and I hope I can do it again soon... At least no one can really lose contact with someone nowadays as long as they have a Facebook ;)

And so this blog comes to an end. Thanks for going along for the journey with me :)

                     -Zoey :)

P.S. I'm posting a picture of my roommates and my host family. I will miss them so much!!!





And my ID for Monstrous University of course....


And our last group photo... Que triste...


Hasta luego. :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario